Honolulu toppless beaches

miniman

Honolulu toppless beaches

Postby miniman » Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:58 pm

My wife and I are going to Honolulu. What beaches can/should she go toppless on.

kauai

Topless Beaches

Postby kauai » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:12 am

Topfree (topless) sunbathing is technically legal in Hawaii EXCEPT at STATE park beaches, but these are few in number as most beaches are county or undeveloped. The Hawaii obscenity code is in the Hawaii Revised Statutes (H.R.S.) at 707-734. No mention is made of bare breasts. In fact, although intolerant cops will ticket or arrest at high visibility beaches for total nudity, if the sunbather is not INTENDING to AFFRONT (offend) a passerby, and is in no remote way lewd, it is technically legal. So, while you can sunbathe topfree on busy Waikiki, total nudity there would probably get you ticketed, or even arrested. Girls do indeed go topfree at Waikiki, mostly European or Australian, although they are a minority. On the way to Diamond Head, walking from San Souci Beach which is the farthest east end of Waikiki (ask when you get there) on the right is a small county park with a couple of benches and shower. Forget the name- begins with "m". . From Sans Souci Beach only 5 minute walk. This is a local topfree hangout. When I was there in early May 2005 one girl was even nude. The beach is very narrow and at high tide you can get washed out. North Shore Oahu beaches, like at the surfing places Pipeline, Sunset Beach, etc., see more topfree use as the crowd is more international. But Big Island, Maui, and Kauai are the islands to go to for getting rid of tanlines.

Mic

Topfree Hawaii/Kauai/Maui

Postby Mic » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:57 pm

Hi, my wife and I have visited Hawaii twice. On our first trip we visited Kauai and The Big Island. In Kauai, we saw a few topless & nude subnathers at Tunnels beach on the north shore. The section of Tunnels is to the far east of the beach around the corner. Park at Haene Park and walk east to the far end of Tunnels toward the point. Its about 7 - 10 minute walk. Once you round the point, you are on the nude section. Its visited by a lot of locals that tan nude. Also on Kauai, if you go to the end of the road on the north side to Kee Beach. Here you will find some topless women on the beach. Here, you will also find the Kalalua trail head. I hiked the trail two miles to the first beach, I forget the name. Anyway, along the trial I saw a group of three girls in their early twenties that were all topless. They had been to teh end of the trail at Kalalua Beach where most (yes most) people are nude. They seemed very comfortable hiking topless.

This past Sept. we went back to Kauai but also to Maui. On Kauai we again rented a house on Tunnels Beach and visited the nude section. On one accasion, we saw a couple with two kids walking the beach. The couple stopped and the woman got undressed and put on her two peice bikini. On Maui, we stayed on Kanapali Beach. There we saw women topless everyday. Just a couple each day. No one seemed to mind or even pay any atention to them. In fact, it all seemed pretty natural for them to be topless. One lady was topless on the hotel grounds about 50' from the hotel beach rental station. Hotel staff walked right by her and never even batted and eye at her.

Those are my thoughts.

kauai

Ke'e Beach Kauai

Postby kauai » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:44 pm

Ke'ee (aka end of the road beach) is one of the beaches that is a Hawaii State park Bech subject to DLNR ranger patrol. Topfree and nude there are both totally illegal. I know ladies on Kauai who have been ticketed there. Howerver, one mile to the east at Haena County PArk and Tunnels Point, topfree is perfectly legal. You must know WHAT beach you are on in HI to avoid problems. And yes, while Hanakapiai (the bech you forgot the name of) sometimes sees topfree use, it and Kalalau, which sees mostly nude use, are STATE PARK beaches. If rangers see you, they will ticket. At Kalalau they fly in by helicopter maybye once every two months.

kauai

Ke'e Beach Kauai

Postby kauai » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:45 pm

Ke'ee (aka end of the road beach) is one of the beaches that is a Hawaii State park Bech subject to DLNR ranger patrol. Topfree and nude there are both totally illegal. I know ladies on Kauai who have been ticketed there. Howerver, one mile to the east at Haena County PArk and Tunnels Point, topfree is perfectly legal. You must know WHAT beach you are on in HI to avoid problems. And yes, while Hanakapiai (the bech you forgot the name of) sometimes sees topfree use, it and Kalalau, which sees mostly nude use, are STATE PARK beaches. If rangers see you, they will ticket. At Kalalau they fly in by helicopter maybye once every two months.

Return to “USA”