Cosmos Tours vs. Globus

Ryan

Cosmos Tours vs. Globus

Postby Ryan » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:20 am

Can anyone please tell me what the difference is between Cosmos tours and GLobus tours? Thank you.

europefun

Postby europefun » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:50 pm

Price!!!!!!!

Actually just compare the activities and hotels you will see that Comos is the buget side of Globus.. .. .. .. .. .. . if it is your first trip I would highly recomment Globus.. .. .. .. .. .

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:48 am

I have used both, I enjoyed my Globus trip.. .. .. ..I would not go Cosmos again.

Clara

Cosmos versus Globus

Postby Clara » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:29 pm

[b] I agree with you, I wont travel Cosmos again either. I am considering touring with Globus or Insight next time. Cosmos is a budget tour and that is for sure. The younger ones can stand the sometimes sub standard not always clean hotels and the noise but when you are older you like to have comfort all the way plus a decent amount of sleep. The Cosmos bus I was on was not exactly comfortable and very cramped.
[/b]

cg

Postby cg » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:30 pm

We travelled via cosmos and we liked it. Most hotels are outside the city and in some cities the hotels are not very good. Planning to go with Globus in our next tour.

Faith

travelling with Cosmos

Postby Faith » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:56 pm

I did a great tour with Cosmos in 2003 to England, Scotland, Wales & Ireland and I'm in my 50s. I enjoyed the mix of ages and nationalities (we had lots of Aussies and Kiwis on this trip). .
I figure the hotels compared to Best Westerns in the states. The guide and itinerary were great. The only thing I would do differently next time is just do a tour with mostly 2 night stops.
I'd definately tour with Cosmos again.
Faith

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:26 pm

was it the "Grand tour" ? Who were your TD & Driver? I agree with the more 2 day stays. We had 1 hotel in Limerick that had a resturant next door (kinda high priced) and Nothing else for miles, if you didnt take the Optional that night you were stuck there, and it was one of the few nights we arrived before 5pm so it was a long boring night. W e had a great time for the most part just a couple of not so great hotels.

Deb

Cosmos vs Globus

Postby Deb » Tue May 17, 2005 7:53 pm

The basic difference between the two is that you pay more for Globus because you stay at more expensive hotels. I have been on several Cosmos tours and have enjoyed them all. You stay at convenient, safe, and clean hotels. On one trip to Europe, we even got to stay at a 5 star rated hotel in Switzerland. You will enjoy either tour group; just expect to pay more with Globus.

grado

cosmos vs. globus

Postby grado » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:35 pm

When we went "Rome to London" w/Cosmos 2 years ago, often Globus folks were in our same hotel. They just got a better breakfast. We were pleased w/our Cosmos trip. Looking to go to "wonders of europe". . Anyone been on that?

Mr.D

Postby Mr.D » Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:05 pm

We used Cosmos in 1993 to go to Costa Rica. The tour was the same as Globus but traveled by boat through the rainforest region instead of flying over it. While Globus used nicer hotels and more formal dinners, our food and locations were great. I talked to some on the Globus tour and they were envious of our more personal contact with the eco-system and the locals. Cosmos was hundreds of dollars cheaper.

In 2004 I selected Cosmos over Globus because we opted for the one week extension in Interlaken. We then joined the next week's tour group to finish our itinerary. This is not offered by Globus. We did have a couple of hotels changed from the brochure but only the one in Lucerne caused us to cancel our evening walk of the town as we were miles from the city.

LFT

Postby LFT » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:32 pm

I've done Cosmos and Globus. We had great tour directors on both, but there was a huge difference in other areas. Cosmos definitely uses mostly low budget hotels, although they will throw in 1-2 first class hotels on any particular tour. Globus uses all first class or better hotels. In addition, if you go with Globus, you really get to see all the sights up close with admissions already included. With Cosmos, there are a lot of drive-bys or real quicky stops. Most of the in-depth tours cost extra. While it's definitely a matter of price and priority, I just feel that I'd rather pay a few hundred dollars more to be in all first class hotels and to be assured that I will really get an upclose look at the sights I've traveled thousands of miles to see. (In addition, you will find more included meals with Globus.)

Maryland

Globus vs Cosmos

Postby Maryland » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:31 am

I did the 9030 with Cosmos last year and it was great. I went with my mother, sister and daughter. So our ages ranged from 14 to 57. The hotel rooms were all clean. Considering we were basically only sleeping in them, they were fine. Yes, they are long days but packed full. Our coach was immaculate. We had the finest coach driver and tour director. If you are okay with lots of activity than this is for you. If you are interested in a more relaxed tour, you may want to try a different one. I was home for 2 weeks when I planned my next Cosmos tour for Sept 2006.

AussieCol

for maryland ??

Postby AussieCol » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:04 pm

Hi Maryland

Re tour 9030 what were the hotels like in Glascow , Highlands, & Edinburgh
Thinking of doing longer tour 9090 and these hotels are the same so would like some info on them.
With regards to Globus v Cosmos - have always used Cosmos in the US they were fantastic value , and hope their English tours are as good.

Thanks AussieCol

Comos in Hawaii

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:20 pm

Have anyone go to Hawaii using Cosmos

saqsay1

Postby saqsay1 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:32 pm

sometimes you get lucky and get ugraded to a first class hotel. hasn't anyone else noticed the globus coaches in the same hotel parking lot?

Jenice

Cosmos Tours vs. Globus

Postby Jenice » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:36 pm

Seems like reponses are 50/50. We're scheduled for Cosmos Tour 5900 From St. Paul's to St. Peter's in July 2006. We'd love to hear from anyone who has taken this trip or even a similar one in the same cities (London, Paris, Lucerne, Venice, Florence and Rome) and their experiences in the hotels, with the food, access to the cities, and especially the excursions provided by Cosmos or what other arrangements you made. Especially interested in excursions in London, Paris and Rome.

texasgal

Postby texasgal » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:46 am

Hi Jenice,

I did the Cosmos Rome to London tour last Sept, which I believe is very similar to the tour you are asking about - looks like the same stops. I just posted a detailed reply to cherwal's posting "Rome to London.. .. ." Take a look and let me know if you have any other specific questions.

Jennifer

Jeniceves

Cosmos tours vs. Globus

Postby Jeniceves » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:08 pm

Jennifer: Found your posting. Thanks so much for the info. We are looking into some Viator tours in London and Rome. Do you have any experience with this company? Thanks, again! Jenice

texasgal

Postby texasgal » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:00 pm

I have not heard of Viator tours before. I pre-booked a tour using Angel Tours in Rome of the Vatican and St. Peters and enjoyed it. In London, I would recommend a company called London walks, no prebooking necessary and lots of different "walks" to choose from on different days of the week. I believe their website is www ..com. . My husband and I did one of their pub walks in Hampstead Heath and really enjoyed it.

Return to “Cosmos Tours”